Dr. Stuart Quam
- Undergraduate School: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
- Doctorate Program: Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL
- Affiliations and Certifications: American Optometric Association, South Dakota Optometric Society (Past President)
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Ocular Disease Management
- Dry Eye Disease Treatment
- Contact Lens Fitting
Dr. Quam grew up in Pierre, South Dakota and, aside from leaving for optometry school, he has happily spent his whole life living in the state. He joined Vision Care Associates in 1991, and through his own journey through a successful eye surgery, he has been able to provide his patients with a relatable perspective to eye care for many years. His hobbies outside of the office include hunting and golfing, though he particularly enjoys golf because it is a sport he and his wife can enjoy together.
His favorite part of working for Vision Care is being in a clinic setting where he has seen many different cases of eye disease. This has equipped him with the ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of eye problems. He also enjoying having the ability to easily consult with his colleagues regarding complex cases if needed.
Interesting Facts about Dr. Quam
- He has had eye surgery himself so can relate to his patients.
- He enjoys long range target shooting.