Dr. Craig Dockter
- Undergraduate School: Minot State University, Minot, ND
- Doctorate Program: Pacific University Oregon, Forest Grove, OR
- Residency Program: American Lake VA Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
- Affiliations and Certifications: American Optometric Association, South Dakota Optometric Society
- Ocular Disease Management
- Post-Surgical Co-Management
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Family Practice Eye Care
Dr. Dockter is originally from McClusky, North Dakota, however his training required him to spend quite some time living on the west coast. Succeeding school, his residency allowed him to serve veterans at the VA hospital in Washington. He eventually found himself drawn back to the Midwest, where he
settled in the Mobridge area and, at Vision Care Associates, has provided eye care to the surrounding area there since 1992. He and his wife Kathy have been married since 1987, and his two sons, Zachary and Caleb, both attend college at USD. When he has a moment of spare time he enjoys gardening and
His favorite part of working for Vision Care is the trust and friendship of his entire staff who serve his patients’ needs. He values the professional exchange of information among his staff to effectively and efficiently deliver quality healthcare.
Interesting Facts about Dr. Dockter
- He grows grape vines and ferments wine.
- He enjoys woodworking – although it is a “work in progress!”