Dr. Sara Serfoss
- Undergraduate School: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
- Doctorate Program: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Affiliations and Certifications: American Optometric Association, South Dakota Optometric Society
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Glaucoma Management and Treatment
- Family Eye Care
Dr. Serfoss is originally from Aberdeen, South Dakota, and she actually initially became interested in optometry during an internship in high school. She is fascinated by how optometry relates to the body as a whole, not just the eyes. When she’s not working, she spends her free time with her husband and dog, usually fishing, shooting guns, or hunting. She also likes to cook, bake, and read. Despite being a South Dakotan through-and-through, she went to school in sunny Florida, so she has all the tips for vacationing there!
She chose to establish her career in rural South Dakota because of the good-hearted people here that will do anything for anyone. She chose Vision Care Associates specifically because she feels we truly provide the best care for our patients and are always keeping up with new technology and research.
Interesting Facts about Dr. Serfoss
- She has gotten a hole-in-one once while golfing!
- She loves going to rodeos.
- She is obsessed with her dog, Russ.